Wednesday 21 August 2013

TANDEM - document prep'd for content, sir!

TANDEM 
a G3 whistleblower novel 


as I've decided to (try to) make the 'typing in' a military-precision operation, today's the day to properly organise the drafting of the notebooks into document format.

FIRST: eight point summary/synopsis of the events of the novel - done.
This is the first real look at how the book will feel. And already it seems like it will benefit from the late-in-the-day ideas I had to expand the opening section of the book so that it's more comprehensive and 'story-telly'. The addition of the 'blackmailer' at the very last minute helped fill a narrative gap, or void from the middle phase of the novel to the latter.

SECOND: write down the chapter headings - done.
Twenty-seven titled chapter headings at this early stage, that's even taking into account a further three chapters that I had always planned to squeeze in before the notebooks began. I basically started writing a tad too late into the meat of the story and don't want a flashback-filled story. This baby has to 'build'.

THIRD: decipher and type all those scribbled words into document format - pending.
Now that I've got an idea what sort of style the book's meant to be written in, I did think about typing the notebooks in backwards i.e. starting with the last chapter. And I might still do so. I did at least put the chapter structure into doc and the synopsis. What's more likely is I'll end up doing something completely different and try to wing it, as always. More in a further report.

No comments:

Post a Comment